Thursday 11 January 2007

Dancing, Man Flu, and Chris Woodhead

Well first of all I should apologise for the huge gap in between posts. Like some sort of big shot marketing genius I simply decided to hold back until the howls of expectation reached a crescendo, the deafening voices of the teaching profession chanting as one “bring back the blog!”

Well that would be nice if it were true, but sadly I have been suffering from a chest infection (not man flu thank you very much!) and have been too weak to share my thoughts with the world. However, my strength is back, my head clear, so all rise for the second instalment of the critically acclaimed (by my mum at least) instalment of “101 things to do while teaching”.

The moment the teaching profession have been waiting for is here at long last. No more huddled speculation in the staffroom, heads conferences no longer alive to the frenzied curiosity about what will come next. No more Government briefings about the dangers of this explosive blog.

The number 2 thing to while teaching is….. Go dancing

Now before all you burly 6ft2 men who can barely stand up without falling over, let alone prance around a dance floor, switch off in disgust, let me explain a little further. I am a burly 6ft2 man who can barely stand up without falling over. In fact, not only can I not dance, but I can’t even dance as well as the oldies do in those tragic scenes in “neighbours”. In fact to see me dance is as repellent as Chris Woodhead is to a NUT union official.

So why is some crazy 6ft2” man, who dances like a hyperactive Giraffe, suggesting we all kick on our dancing shoes and run down to the ballroom? Well teaching is stressful, tiring, and the rest. Everywhere I turn I see teachers on the verge of burn out, exhausted by the ever increasing demands of our peculiar little job. Good teachers leave this profession each and every year simply because they wear their body out with too much work and not enough play. What could be better for relieving the unquestionable pressures of the job than taking your partner out and dancing the night away in a carefree fashion. Folks if I can do it (if I posted a video it would end up on the ‘and finally' section of the News at Ten…”and finally a local teacher today caused much merriment on his local dance floor, here is our reporter with more” then anyone can.

Next time you are feeling tired and harassed kick back, forget the troubles of the world and go dancing. But please make sure that there are no year 11 students there with mobile phone cameras or you may end up as the YouTube number one attraction….

Until next time ….man flu permitting of course!

1 comment:

The SparkleBox Team said...

LOL - that post gave me a few chuckles, thanks! Keep up the good work :)

Samuel.
www.sparklebox.co.uk